The political conventions are over and both closed with a yawn. Viewership was down 20, 30 even 50 percent on some networks. The People just weren’t that interested.
And neither Party explained the issues or their positions on them. Thus, we are writing today. Some folks will have some interest in some of the issues, but it’s likely they won’t know anything about those issues.
We can help. For your voter friends who are in the dark, the Founding Fathers have prepared a very simple guide. Please share as needed.
- Democrats – create a bigger Government with more Government jobs
- Republicans – help private businesses, small and large, to create more jobs
- Founding Fathers – since 1776, capitalism has been the critical element of America’s growth and prosperity; we need to let capitalism do its magic now
- Obama – raise taxes, especially on the rich
- Romney – lower taxes whenever and wherever we can
- John Adams – reduce the size of Government and then tax only for that which is absolutely necessary to perform Government’s proper role
On our $16 trillion debt:
- Democrats – our debt is not critical; we must be able to continue to borrow
- Republicans – we must pay down the debt and reduce our spending
- James Madison – “A public debt is a public curse.” – we must eliminate our debt before it destroys our entire nation
- Democrats – Keynesianism demands another huge Government stimulus
- Republicans – we believe in Adam Smith and Friedrich Hayek
- John Adams – since the beginning of our nation, realistic family budgets have been done at the kitchen table by hard-working Americans, and the Government can learn from them; don’t borrow more than you can pay back and don’t spend money you don’t have
On welfare and entitlements:
- Obama – we must expand and create more Government dependents
- Romney – the People need a temporary safety net, not permanent programs
- Thomas Jefferson – for more than 150 years America had no welfare programs and no entitlements; we don’t need any now; we need independent and successful men of charity, and churches and synagogues and communities that help their own
- Obama – we must keep it and expand it
- Romney – we need to repeal Obamacare and develop a new plan
- Founding Fathers – why would the Government have anything to do with my personal health, my personal doctor or my personal healthcare?
The Founding Fathers established our Constitution “… to secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity…” They acted only with the consent of the governed, and they would support no economic issue that restricted our freedom. They were very wise men.
For the wise men among you, please be reminded early voting in Texas begins October 22. If you know some soul in need of direction, please direct. God bless America.